18 Oct Nine Signs You Need to Visit Your Chiropractor
When you strain your neck or strain your back, your first instinct is likely to call your chiropractor. In fact, that’s the number one reason most of our patients visit the office. However, I’ve always found it fascinating that most new patients are shocked to learn how their spinal health can influence their overall health. There is a chance that you’re suffering from a health condition that can be relieved with proper chiropractic care.
Below are 9 common reasons, beyond just neck and back pain, that indicate it is time to schedule an appointment with your chiropractor.
1. You have a limited range of motion. If you’re struggling to do simple activities such as putting your shoes, pulling across your seatbelt, or picking up a basket of laundry – it’s time for chiropractic visit. Whether it’s muscle-related or spinal-related, we can do therapies and treatments that get you back to enjoying everyday life!
2. You suffer from frequent headaches. When I was younger, I had severe migraines. All I knew was to take the medication my medical doctor prescribed me. It wasn’t until after I started working at a chiropractic office that I realized my headaches could be treated naturally. I learned that headaches and migraines can be caused by problems in the neck. After a few treatments, I felt like a new person. I look back and realize that my passion for chiropractic care began with that experience.
3. You experience chronic pain in your joints or muscles. Many of my patients suffer from pain in their knees, ankles, hands or other joints that can benefit from chiropractic care. I can also do muscle therapy if you’ve pulled a muscle. Many athletes and active patients benefit from regular visits to keep their joints and muscles healthy.
4. You are healing from a recent accident. Chiropractic care can help heal your body after any type of traumatic accident – whether that’s falling down the stairs, flipping over on a snowmobile, or getting in a car accident. Even accidents that don’t seem very severe can cause problems up to 2 years later.
5. You have sinus congestion. Most patients are unaware that chiropractic care can help with sinus congestion and relieve the pain associated with infections. For example, upper cervical adjustments can help relieve tension on your brain stem. This adjustment helps your throat relax so that your sinus passages in your head to drain better. In addition to that, I have a sinus protocol that I perform that helps the sinuses drain even more.
6. You are struggling to get pregnant. Chiropractic care is a safe and natural way for women to enhance the way their body functions and performs. Treatments and adjustments help keep the spine properly aligned and clear the nervous system of excessive interference. The lumbar nerves control bowel, bladder, and sexual function. Removing interference in this area has been shown to increase fertility.
7. You have numbness and tingling in your arms or legs. Nerve injury or pressure on the spine can cause you to experience numbness or tingling in your arms, fingers, legs, or feet. Simply sitting in the same seat for too long or standing in one position can also trigger these symptoms. Numbness and tingling can be signs of a more serious illness, so we take this very seriously.
8. You have a sedentary job. If you have a desk or office job, you likely spend your day hunched over at a computer. Despite attempts at better posture, the pressure being put on your spine by sitting down all day can cause degeneration and alignment issues. Chiropractic care, especially on a proactive maintenance plan, can help slow down and improve the side effects caused from sitting all day.
9. You recently experienced whiplash. If you are suffering from symptoms due to whiplash, we use several chiropractic techniques to treat this such as, manipulation, muscle relaxation, muscle stimulation, and various exercises. In addition, ergonomic and lifestyle changes can help speed up your recovery from whiplash.
Our patients all have a unique story and reason they come to our office. It’s our personal mission to treat each patient as an individual; creating a treatment plan that makes the most sense for their health and desired outcomes.
If you have any of these warning signs or want to be proactive with your chiropractic health, call us at 765-962-4476 today to schedule an appointment. You’re also encouraged to call our office to simply ask any questions about chiropractic.
In the meantime, we love hearing from our readers and patients. What warning sign brought you to visit a chiropractor? Share your story above in the comments section!